CANINE BODY LANGUAGE, TRAINING, AND BEHAVIOR
- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia Mcconnell is a must read for any dog lover!
- Don't Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor
- *Letting Dogs Meet: The Three Second Rule
- Family Paws™ Parent Education is the parent organization of two International licensed programs: Dogs & Storks® and Dogs & Toddlers™. They provide specialized programs for new and expecting families with dogs.
- *Free downloadable poster on the body language of fear and aggression by Dr. Sophia Yin
- Free Downloads: Posters, Handouts, and More! from Dr. Sophia Yin
- *An in-depth webinar on canine body language from Heather Mohan-Gibbons, Director, Applied Research and Behavior of the ASPCA.
- *Reading canine body language and whether or not a dog wants to be petted.
- *Dr. Sophia Yin's Tough Love: A Meditation on Dominance & Dogs.
- *Simple yet very effective approach to teaching your dog by Jean Donaldson and Chirag Patel.
- Veterinarian, dog trainer and animal behaviorist, Ian Dunbar, helps us to understand our pets' point of view in his TED Talk.
- *Steps to desensitize a dog to a head collar, which is one of the most effective and widely used tools for a dog who pulls as demonstrated by Jean Donaldson.
- Dog Body Language Posts and Videos by Eileen Anderson
PET FIRST AID
- *Poisonous Plants to pets by Veterinary Pet Insurance and Pet Poison Helpline.
- Correctly containing a loose cat by Dr. Sophia Yin.
- Recognize and understand the signs of GDV/Bloat in dogs.
- Teaching your dog to accept and enjoy tooth brushing using positive reinforcement training.
- Top 10 Pet Toxins of 2017
- Identifying and Treating Bloat in Dogs Before It's Too Late by Dr. Shawn Messonnier
- Disease Risks for Dogs in Social Settings by the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Xylitol: The "sugar-free" sweetener your dog NEEDS you to know about
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control
- ASPCA Poisonous Household Products
- ASPCA Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants Animals
FUN AND EDUCATIONAL
RESCUES AND SHELTERS
- Kauai Animal Welfare Society is a rescue out of Kauai, HI that sends their dogs to Portland, OR to give them a better chance for adoption.
- Project Pooch in Woodburn, OR
- The Pixie Project in Portland, OR
- New Dogs New Life Shelter in Portland, OR
- Oregon Humane Society in Portland, OR
- Glendale Humane Society in Glendale, CA